Guided Campus Tours
The best way to learn about a university is to spend some time on its campus. We encourage all prospective students and their families to take a tour of our beautiful riverside campus. Our campus tours are led by current Carleton students who can share their personal experiences and offer firsthand knowledge and insight into academics, on-campus services and student life.Book a Tour!
- Due to an ongoing renovation project taking place in Robertson Hall, as of Tuesday, June 5, 2018, the Campus Tour Centre will temporarily be relocated to Richcraft Hall, room 1201.
- Residence rooms will not be available for viewing on tours during the first two weeks of September in an effort to minimize the disruption during move-in.
- General Campus Tours will not run during the Exam Period in April and December to minimize the disruption to students writing final exams.
Before you arrive:
- The general tour is a two-hour walking tour that starts at room 1201, Richcraft Hall and includes visits to classrooms and lecture halls, The Maxwell MacOdrum Library, dining locations across campus, Carleton’s underground tunnel system, Athletics, information about Carleton’s Residence Life Program, student services and more!
- Tour guests can enjoy a free meal in our Residence Dining Hall as a special thank you for your interest in Carleton University. Ask your Tour Guide for details.
With advanced notice, we can accommodate most special requests. We are committed to ensuring that the tours of our campus are enjoyable, informative and accessible. If you are interested in meeting with a Faculty member or sitting in on a class, please contact us at least 5 days in advance of your tour by emailing us at: email@example.com.
Please note: Faculty appointments can only be accommodated during regular business hours Monday to Friday.
Additional Campus Tours
We offer a variety of program-specific specialty tours throughout the year. These specialty tours provide you with the opportunity to learn more about your program of interest, view the facilities and meet with professors. Please visit our Specialty Tours webpage to view a list of upcoming specialty tours and to register.
If you can’t take a guided tour, stop by the Undergraduate Recruitment Office at 315 Robertson Hall to pick up a Carleton campus map and guide, or begin your self-guided campus tour.
Explore the Carleton University campus with interactive virtual maps and tours.
School groups or organizations interested in taking a tour of the Carleton campus should complete the online request form. Please note: we need at least 7 days notice to book a group tour.
Planning on visiting the Ottawa area? Use our resources to find a great place to stay!
Becoming a Carleton University Tour Guide
If you are interested in becoming a Campus Tour Guide, send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.