Transcripts and Academic Documents

Submission of Transcripts and Academic Documents

In order to have your transcripts and documents (including diplomas, course descriptions) assessed for admission to Carleton University, you must:

  • Submit an official, original, or notarized copy of each document from the issuing institution in the official language of the country. An original official document must contain the ink stamp or raised seal of the institution. A notarized copy must contain the original stamp/seal and signature of the notary. Documents can be sent to the following address:
    Admissions Services
    Carleton University
    315 Robertson Hall
    1125 Colonel By Drive
    Ottawa, ON K1S 5B6, Canada
    Fax: * 613-520-3517
  • Submit a certified English translation or notarized copy (of the translation) of each original transcript and/or document. The information on the English translation must match exactly the information on the original transcript and/or document. For example, grades must appear in the same order on the original transcript and the translation.
  • Photocopies will not be accepted unless notarized.

If you have already completed a degree, you must:

  • Submit a notarized copy of the original degree certificate in the official language of the country, as well as a certified English translation or notarized copy of the degree certificate. This degree certificate must contain the official stamp or seal of the institution.
  • If you do not submit the official degree certificate, Carleton will be unable to recognize your previous university studies as a complete degree.
  • Please note: Documents submitted in support of an application for admission become the property of the University. Carleton University retains electronic student files for all students admitted for the 2014 summer term and beyond. Original documents that have been digitized for inclusion in the student’s file are destroyed in compliance with the University’s privacy policies.  In some cases, original documents may be returned to the applicant. Contact Admissions Services for more information.

Carleton University reserves the right to verify any documentation that you provide for accuracy. Verification may include contacting the institution that issued the document, contacting the Ministry of Education in the country concerned, contacting the appropriate Embassy or Consulate, or consulting a certified government translator.

More Ways to

Stay Connected with Carleton

Sign up for Carleton 360

Get started in Carleton360 to receive tailored information on our programs, student services and community.

Take a virtual campus tour

Explore Carleton's beautiful riverside campus inside our virtual tour. More scenes coming soon!