No. However, you must show Citizenship and Immigration Canada officials that the funds are available and can be transferred to Canada. In exceptional circumstances, where there are local currency restrictions which may hamper the timely transfer of funds, visa officers might request proof of an offshore account in the student’s name or full payment of the tuition fees in advance.