- When: February 11, 2023
- Time: 1:00 pm
- Location: Carleton Dominion-Chalmers Centre
(Note: the Carleton Dominion-Chalmers Centre is not on Carleton's main campus and is located at 355 Cooper Street, Ottawa, Ontario, K2P 0G8)
- Intended Audience: Anyone, Prospective Students
You’re invited to Carleton University’s Arts and Social Sciences Fair on Saturday, February 11, 2023 from 1:00 to 4:00 p.m. (ET). This event will take place at our downtown Arts, Performance and Learning Centre, the Carleton Dominion-Chalmers Centre. Please note, the Carleton Dominion-Chalmers Centre is not on Carleton’s main campus and is located at 355 Cooper Street, Ottawa, Ontario, K2P 0G8.
Get a head start on your university student experience by attending this fun informational event!
Take advantage of engaging panel discussions about how to thrive at university, conversational Q&As with students and alums, and the opportunity to meet professors and future classmates.
The Fair also includes an array of interactive booths hosted by professors and students, where you can:
- Learn more about the Centre for Initiatives in Education’s advantageous student support offerings.
- Check out our extensive Co-op options, which facilitate paid, professional experience.
- Explore exciting opportunities to Study Abroad with Carleton professors and students, including an Art History student who recently studied in Venice.
- Chat with the professors from Carleton’s Creative Writing stream and meet students from the English Literature Society.
- Test your processing abilities with Psychology’s interactive Stroop Task.
- Try Cognitive Science’s Virtual Reality Driving Simulator.
- Interact with Carleton’s Climate Commons members, who aim to help create a more sustainable future.
- Unearth how experts study our planet with Geography and Environmental Studies’ topographic sand table and drone.
- Learn about the growing fields of Childhood and Youth Studies, Women’s and Gender Studies, Critical Race Studies, Disability Studies, and more.
- Visit Indigenous Studies’ Making booth with live weaving.
- Observe an unexpected side of cinema alongside Film Studies professors.
- Visit the Linguistics booth to experience a visualization of the sound of your name.
- Hear from a handful of Humanities professors on life’s big philosophical questions.
- See how Sociology and Anthropology allows you to study the issues you care about most.
- Experience the craft of printing and publishing with Carleton’s Book Arts Lab.
- Enjoy a jazz performance from a trio of Music students.
Campus tour and parking information
– If you are interested in participating in a campus tour, we encourage you to register for the 10:00 a.m. (ET) tour on February 11 (the campus tour will include a complimentary lunch in our residence dining hall). A shuttle will be available to take you to the Carleton Dominion-Chalmers Centre following lunch.
– If you do not want to take a campus tour and would only like to attend the Fair, please note that paid city parking is available at the Carleton Dominion-Chalmers Centre. If you would like to take advantage of free parking on Carleton’s main campus, please park in P9 and meet with a representative in front of Pigiarvik (formerly Robertson Hall) by no later than 12:15 p.m. (ET). A shuttle will be available to take you to the Carleton Dominion-Chalmers Centre.