Do you like to take short videos? Or photos?
During the month of August, and the first two weeks of September, we invite you to submit a one minute video or a series of photos and captions as you:
- Prepare to come to Carleton (How are you dealing with pre-departure jitters? Are you having a farewell party? How do your parents feel about you leaving?)
- Pack your bags
- Get on the plane
- Arrive in Ottawa
- Arrive on campus (and move into residence)
- Transition to life on campus
- Attend your first week of classes (How did it go? What are your first impressions?)
You will have the opportunity to continue to share your experiences if that’s something you’re interested in. (You can become one of our international student ambassadors!)
The time commitment is a couple minutes a week, just long enough to record a 45-60 second video, or to take a few photos and send them to me by email (firstname.lastname@example.org). You can also write to me if you have any questions.
Why? The idea is to share your experiences with other students who are thinking of coming to Carleton and want to know what it’s like, what kind of issues they will face (good and bad), and to know that they are not alone. We also want to share in your exciting journey to Carleton!
- Bekki from the UK shares what she’s excited about and who she misses the most
- Journalism student Lui Xia from Malaysia shares her story as she starts her final semester at Carleton
We can’t wait to hear your story!